MCE offers $1,000 stipends for college students and young adults to enable them to participate in our summer internship program. At the time of application, students may fill out the Conservation Fellowship application if they are interested. Students receiving fellowship funds are required to provide a report at the end of their term.
To apply, fellowship applicants must submit the following information:
- How will this internship further your career goals?
- What do you hope to gain from this opportunity?
- Please describe a local or statewide environmental issue that you would like to know more about or with which you would like to be more engaged. What intrigues you about the issue, what would you like to learn, and how would you like to be more engaged?
Fellows will be required to submit a final report to the Board of Directors and will be highlighted in the Fall 2020 issue of MCE’s Alert newsletter.
Minimum hours: 200
In order to receive the stipend, fellows must submit a timesheet with at least 200 hours plus a 1-2 page report that describes the following:
- The issue or project you worked on
- Key themes that you took away from the project regarding 1) subject matter and 2) government, environmental policy, or organizing
- How you will incorporate what you have learned into the next steps of your career path
- Feedback for MCE on how it can increase its effectiveness as an organization