The Communications Director is responsible for coordinating marketing and communications materials to increase awareness, involvement, and understanding of the organization, its mission, and programmatic work among the community, current and prospective donors, partners, and other stakeholders. The Director works with various staff members to approach goals and objectives as a team. Working with the Development Director and the Executive Director, the Director supports fundraising efforts. Working with programmatic staff, the coordinator crafts messaging and develops corresponding outreach materials.
Specific duties include:
- Coordinating and editing the Alert newsletter, which is printed two times/year
- Coordinating e-alert content and scheduling
- Drafting and editing media releases and outreach materials
- Working with programmatic staff to develop messaging and communication strategies that take into account various audiences, venues, and communications channels
- Oversee the creation of all print and electronic communication materials, including newsletters, annual report, banners, and specific outreach campaign materials. This includes layout, design, production, and distribution.
- Coordinate the design and maintenance of the website
- Design and implement targeted outreach campaigns
- Ensure consistent internal and external messaging and branding for MCE
- Previous experience in marketing and communications and outreach, with demonstrated success
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, ability to write persuasively to multiple audiences
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills; ability to independently manage a wide variety of projects, set priorities, balance short-term and long-term objectives, meet deadlines, and work with staff from various program areas to accomplish goals
- Ability to take initiative and work individually or as a member of a team
- Flexible working style to adapt to changing needs
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with a wide variety of partner organizations, volunteers, and the public
- Strong creative vision with the ability to balance multiple interests and needs
- Experience working with media outlets
- Experience managing websites and social media tools
- Full computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; working knowledge of design software such as Adobe InDesign or Photoshop, Constant Contact or similar mass email marketing software, and other communications related programs and web tools
This is a full-time position with health and dental benefits. Casual office environment with flexible schedules available. Occasional evening and weekend work for various meetings and events within the state.
To apply please send a resume, cover letter, work sample, and two references to [email protected].