The Missouri Coalition for the Environment (MCE) is Missouri’s independent citizens’ environmental organization for clean water, clean air, clean energy, and a healthy environment. We envision a future where the people of Missouri, regardless of race, income, or geography, live in and demand a clean, safe, and protected environment, now and for generations to come. We work to achieve this vision through our mission of educating, organizing, and advocating in defense of Missouri’s people and their environment.
Our values, listed below, direct the mission-driven activities we undertake to achieve our vision.
- Collaboration – We learn from, nurture, and support other organizations and individuals working for environmental justice and protections. We recognize that we are stronger together.
- Equity and Inclusion – We are committed to being inclusive in our work with partners, geographies, communities, and one another, and celebrate the contributions of our staff, supporters, partners, and volunteers. We acknowledge historical inequities and make intentional efforts to dismantle racist and other unjust systems.
- Integrity – Our actions reflect our vision, our mission, and our values. We commit to continual learning, evaluation, reflection, and growth. The information we provide is accurate, reliable, factual, and science-based.
- Sustainability – We are devoted to the environment because people are a part of nature and reliant on its biodiversity, stable climate, and unpolluted habitats for our survival.
- Tenacity – We relentlessly champion the protection of Missouri’s people and their environment.
Please see below for any open positions with MCE.
Please see below for any open internships with MCE. We hire interns for the Spring, Summer, and Fall semesters.