The Missouri Coalition for the Environment (MCE) is seeking nominees to join our dedicated board of directors to further our mission of educating, organizing, and advocating in defense of Missouri’s people and their environment.
Board Member Expectations
The total time commitment varies based on your level of engagement with MCE. Most board members average 4-5 hours a month, but some volunteer upwards of 10-12 a month.
- Serve for a 3 year term – you may serve multiple terms
- Attend 8 of the 11 board meetings held every year
- Participate in at least one ad-hoc or standing committee
- Hold a professional or personal network somewhere in Missouri – this helps MCE raise awareness of our efforts
- Commit to a future where the people of Missouri, regardless of race, income, or geography, live in and demand a clean, safe, and protected environment, now and for generations to come.
Skills and Professional or Lived Experience
MCE is looking for candidates with at least one of the following skills or professional/lived experience.
- Strategic planning
- Investment management
- Public speaking
- Organizational development
- Marketing and media relations
- Community organizing
- Business relations
- Environmental policy/advocacy or policy/advocacy in other areas
- Public health
Please use the link below to nominate yourself or someone you know for a board seat. The MCE board will review nominees and vote for new directors over the coming months.