Do you care about food justice in Missouri? Do you care about protecting traditional family farmers from the proliferation of factory farms? Join a broad coalition for a lobby day in Jefferson City that seeks a just food system that provides food access for all Missourians while defending the farmers who care for our land and rural communities.
We are a coalition of organizations who value access to healthy food for all Missourians, regardless of their means. We support traditional family farmers who grow nutritious food, care for the environment, and are partners in healthy rural communities. Decisions made in our state's capitol can significantly impact food access and traditional family farmers, for better or worse.
Please register to join a lobby day in Jefferson City where we will engage lawmakers to:
- Protect food access programs like Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) from removing over 40,000 Missourians, including children, from this vital food access program.
- Support traditional family farmers and rural communities by defending their rights to live and work without the negative impacts of corporate, factory farms.
Lobby Day Logistics
- DATE: Wednesday, February 6, 2019
- TIME: 10:30AM - 3:00PM
- LOCATION: Missouri capitol building. Lobby day lunch (free) and training location TBD
Lobby Day Timeline
- 10:30AM: Arrive in Jefferson City & find parking (map to be provided)
- 11:00AM: Lunch and lobby day briefing (location TBD)
- 12:00-3:00PM: Lobby day meetings with lawmakers
- 3:00PM: Debrief and depart for home
*RSVP below to get all lobby day updates and activities!
Lobby Day Organizations
Missouri Coalition for the Environment