MCE Rapid Response Fund
Because Nothing is Protected Forever.
The Rapid Response Fund is a critical resource for addressing emerging threats to our environment and public health that allows MCE to mobilize quickly and effectively. With your support we can have an impact when and where it matters most.
What Rapid Response looks like:
- Challenging permits for new developments in our floodplains and wetlands
- Exposing permit violations by industry polluters
- Responding to emerging problems with the clean up of nuclear weapons wastes around St. Louis
- Testifying at public hearings and filing comments to promote rules and ordinances that protect natural resources
- Alerting the public of human and environmental impacts of mining and pipelines
- Taking advantage of opportunities to promote green infrastructure, sustainable development, and restoration efforts
We make a difference by:
- Gathering data and working with experts
- Educating the media, lawmakers, and the public
- Empowering local communities
- Organizing our membership and local activists
- Engaging and influencing political leaders and decision-makers
For more information about how to make a contribution to the Rapid Response Fund contact Development Coordinator Caitlin Zera at 314.727.0600 x. 15 or make an annual or monthly donation online, specifying Rapid Response Fund in the notes portion of the checkout page.